Free Blog Policies & Guidelines
Last Updated: October 2015
It's long, so here is a simple condensed version.
a) You must profess a faith in Jesus Christ. There are plenty of free blogs for non-Christians.
b) All postings, links, photos, etc. should not be offensive, promoting,advertising, or selling a product or business. No asking for money, or any unlawful activity. (Christian counselors, authors, non-profit organizations may obtain free blogs.)
c) If you do not actively use your blog it will be deleted and you will lose all data. (see Section 6)
d) You are to keep your blog free from spam comments. (See Section 6)
That’s it. If you want to read all the legal jargon, read on, or just Register for a Blog Site.
(Be aware that after you register your blog must be activated. This normally occurs within an hour, but at time it takes a couple hours. Please be patient with the process. This helps us to keep our blog sites spam free.)
1. THIS IS AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND ChristianBlogSites.org
This is an agreement ("Agreement") between you and ChristianBlogSites.org (or, if applicable, one of its affiliates). This Agreement governs your use of any Web site or Web page operated by ChristianBlogSites.org. You represent that you are at least 18 years of age and have attained the age of majority in the province, state or country in which you reside, and any information that you submit is correct.
ChristianBlogSites.org OFFERS THE ChristianBlogSites.org WEB SITES TO YOU CONDITIONED ON YOUR ACCEPTANCE WITHOUT MODIFICATION OF THIS AGREEMENT. YOUR USE OF THE ChristianBlogSites.org WEB SITES CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT. THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY (See Sections 12 and 13); AND AN EXCLUSIVE REMEDY (See Section 14). THESE PROVISIONS FORM AN ESSENTIAL BASIS OF OUR BARGAIN.
2. HOW ChristianBlogSites.org MAY MODIFY THIS AGREEMENT ChristianBlogSites.org reserves the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which it offers the ChristianBlogSites.org Web Sites, including any charges associated with the use of the ChristianBlogSites.org Web Sites. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these terms, conditions and notices, and any additional terms posted. Your continued use of the ChristianBlogSites.org Web Sites after the effective date of such changes constitutes your acceptance of and agreement to such changes.
3. ADDITIONAL TERMS Any ChristianBlogSites.org Web Site may itself contain additional terms (for example, codes of conduct or guidelines) that further govern use of that ChristianBlogSites.org Web Site, including without limitation, particular features or offers. If any terms contained in this Agreement conflict with any terms contained within a ChristianBlogSites.org Web Site, then the terms in this Agreement shall control.
4. NO UNLAWFUL OR HARMFUL USE OF THE ChristianBlogSites.org SITES You will not use the ChristianBlogSites.org Web Sites in any way that is unlawful, or harms ChristianBlogSites.org, its affiliates, resellers, distributors, service providers and/or suppliers (each, a "ChristianBlogSites.org Party" and collectively, the "ChristianBlogSites.org Parties") or any customer of a ChristianBlogSites.org Party, as determined in ChristianBlogSites.org's sole discretion. ChristianBlogSites.org may tell you about certain specific harmful uses in a code of conduct or other notices available through a ChristianBlogSites.org Web Site, but has no obligation to do so. You may not use the ChristianBlogSites.org Web Sites in any way that breaches any code of conduct, policy or other notice applicable to the ChristianBlogSites.org Web Sites. Without limiting the generality of this section, you may not use the ChristianBlogSites.org Web Sites in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any ChristianBlogSites.org Web Site (or the network(s) connected to any ChristianBlogSites.org Web Site) or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the ChristianBlogSites.org Web Sites.
5. MEMBER/USER QUALIFICATIONS FOR FREE ChristianBlogSites.org BLOG SITES USERS OF FREE BLOGS PROVIDED BY ChristianBlogSites.org MUST PROFESS A FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST AS THEIR LORD AND SAVIOR AND CONDUCT THEMSELVES IN A CHRIST-LIKE MANNER. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THIS READ OUR "PROFESSION OF FAITH". A USER OF A FREE BLOG IS NOT TO USE THE BLOG SITE FOR PROMOTING COMMERCIAL BUSINESS OTHER THAN A FEW LINKS ON THEIR BLOG SITE. ANY COMMERCIAL SITES LINKED TO FROM THE BLOG SITE MUST FOLLOW SECTION 6 GUIDELINES. Users of ChristianBlogSites.org Forum or other service of ChristianBlogSites.org (besides blogs) are not required to be Christians, but still behave in a manner that is not offensive, vulgar, racist, or prejudice.
6. ACTIVE USE OF BLOG and SPAM FREE Once a member's blog is activated by them responding to the e-mail confirmation, they have 7 days to start using their blog or it will be deleted and all data will be lost. If a member has no activity in on their blog for more than 60 days, their blog will be deleted and all data will be lost. If there is only two posts in 30 days, blog will be deleted and all data lost. If a blog has spam comments the blog owner will be notified. If in 7 days they do not remove the spam their blog will e deleted and all data lost.
7. MEMBER CONDUCT You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not ChristianBlogSites.org , are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post or otherwise transmit via the Service. ChristianBlogSites.org does not control the Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. ChristianBlogSites.org provides Member with various publishing and community services, including but not limited to the capability to post information to a web page and participate in web-based discussions. Some of these services will be free of charge, others may cost money or have other requirements. The requirements or fees for any service or option will be clearly explained and separately agreed to when Member implements those options, if any. Member must: (1) provide all equipment, including a computer and modem, necessary to establish a connection to the World Wide Web; (2) provide for own access to the World Wide Web and pay any telephone service fees associated with such access. You agree to not use the Service to: (a) upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; (b) harm minors in any way; (c) impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a ChristianBlogSites.org official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; (d) upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements); (e) upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; (f) upload, post or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; (g) interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service; (h) intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law; (i) "stalk" or otherwise harass another; (j) collect or store personal data about other users; (k) promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promote any act of cruelty to animals. This may include, but is not limited to, providing instructions on how to assemble bombs, grenades and other weapons, and creating "Crush" sites; You may not use any service provided on this website for any purpose that involves sending, viewing, or the making available of violent, pornographic, or hateful content, any content that contains viruses, trojans, or anything that would generally be considered unbiblical, immodest, or inappropriate for a Christian, family-oriented website. This provision is meant as a basic guideline, and we reserve the right to revoke services, without notice or explanation, from any user of our website who, in our sole opinion, has violated this condition.
8. MEMBER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD, AND SECURITY Once you become a member of the ChristianBlogSites.org Service, you shall receive a password and an account. You are entirely responsible if you do not maintain the confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities which occur under your account. You may change your password at any time. Member agrees to immediately notify ChristianBlogSites.org of any unauthorized use of Member's account or any other breach of security known to Member.
9. SPAM IS PROHIBITED AND CAUSES DAMAGE; SPAM FILTERING TECHNOLOGY Without limiting the generality of Section 4, you will not use the ChristianBlogSites.org Web Sites to transmit, either directly or indirectly, any unsolicited bulk e-mail or unsolicited commercial e-mail. You will not use the ChristianBlogSites.org Web Sites in any way that violates the ChristianBlogSites.org Anti-Spam Policy. You may view the Anti-Spam Policy at ChristianBlogSites.org. A breach of any part of the Anti-Spam Policy is a breach of this Agreement. ChristianBlogSites.org may use filtering technology or other measures in its efforts to stop unsolicited bulk e-mail and unsolicited commercial e-mail, and if your use of the ChristianBlogSites.org Web Sites includes e-mail related services, then such filtering technology or other measures may block, either temporarily or permanently, some e-mail sent to you through the ChristianBlogSites.org Web Sites even if such e-mail does not violate the Anti-Spam Policy.
10. MATERIALS YOU POST OR PROVIDE; COMMUNICATIONS MONITORING For materials you post or otherwise provide to ChristianBlogSites.org related to the ChristianBlogSites.org Web Sites (a "Submission"), you grant ChristianBlogSites.org permission to (1) use, copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, modify, translate and reformat your Submission, each in connection with the ChristianBlogSites.org Web Sites, and (2) sublicense these rights, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. ChristianBlogSites.org will not pay you for your Submission. ChristianBlogSites.org may remove your Submission at any time. For each Submission, you represent that you have all rights necessary for you to make the grants in this section. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, ChristianBlogSites.org may monitor your e-mail, or other electronic communications and may disclose such information in the event it has a good faith reason to believe it is necessary for purposes of ensuring your compliance with this Agreement, and protecting the rights, property, and interests of the ChristianBlogSites.org Parties or any customer of a ChristianBlogSites.org Party. You acknowledge that ChristianBlogSites.org does not pre-screen Content, but that ChristianBlogSites.org and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, ChristianBlogSites.org and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the terms of service or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content.
11. SOFTWARE Your use of any software associated with the ChristianBlogSites.org Web Sites will be governed by the terms and conditions of the end user license agreement ("EULA") accompanying such software. If you receive any software that is not accompanied by a EULA, then ChristianBlogSites.org grants to you a non-exclusive, revocable, personal, non-transferable license to use such software solely in connection with the ChristianBlogSites.org Web Sites and in accordance with this Agreement. ChristianBlogSites.org reserves all rights to such software not expressly granted to you in this Agreement. Such software is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties. ChristianBlogSites.org or its suppliers own the title, copyright, and other intellectual property rights in such software, and such software is licensed, not sold. You will not disassemble, decompile, or reverse engineer, such software, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law. ChristianBlogSites.org may automatically check your version of such software and may automatically download upgrades to such software to your computer to update, enhance and further develop the ChristianBlogSites.org Web Sites.
12. INFORMATION AVAILABLE FROM THE ChristianBlogSites.org WEB SITES ChristianBlogSites.org and its suppliers do not warrant or guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of any information available from the ChristianBlogSites.org Nothing contained in the ChristianBlogSites.org Web Sites constitute an offer or solicitation to buy or sell any security. ChristianBlogSites.org does not endorse or recommend any particular product or service, including financial products or services. Nothing contained in the ChristianBlogSites.org Web Sites is intended to constitute professional advice, including but not limited to, investment or tax advice.
13. ChristianBlogSites.org MAKES NO WARRANTY ChristianBlogSites.org PROVIDES THE ChristianBlogSites.org WEB SITES "AS IS," "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND "AS AVAILABLE," AND THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY, AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE ChristianBlogSites.org PARTIES MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THE ChristianBlogSites.org PARTIES DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS, STATUTORY AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION (1) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, ACCURACY, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, NO ENCUMBRANCES, NO LIENS AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, (2) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS ARISING THROUGH COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, AND (3) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS THAT ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE ChristianBlogSites.org WEB SITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES THAT EXTEND BEYOND THE FACE OF THIS AGREEMENT.
14. LIABILITY LIMITATION; YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IN NO EVENT WILL ANY ChristianBlogSites.org PARTY BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF, BASED ON, OR RESULTING FROM THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF THE ChristianBlogSites.org WEB SITES, EVEN IF SUCH ChristianBlogSites.org PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES UNDER SECTION 10 IS INDEPENDENT OF YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND SURVIVES IN THE EVENT SUCH REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OR IS OTHERWISE DEEMED UNENFORCEABLE. THESE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS APPLY WITHOUT REGARD TO WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE FROM (1) BREACH OF CONTRACT, (2) BREACH OF WARRANTY, (3) NEGLIGENCE, OR (4) ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION, TO THE EXTENT SUCH EXCLUSION AND LIMITATIONS ARE NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE ChristianBlogSites.org WEB SITES, YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY PART OF THIS AGREEMENT, OR YOU HAVE ANY OTHER DISPUTE OR CLAIM WITH OR AGAINST ANY ChristianBlogSites.org PARTY WITH RESPECT TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE ChristianBlogSites.org WEB SITES, THEN YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE ChristianBlogSites.org WEB SITES.
15. CHANGES TO THE ChristianBlogSites.org WEB SITES; ADDITIONAL LIABILITY LIMITATION THE ChristianBlogSites.org PARTIES MAY CHANGE THE ChristianBlogSites.org WEB SITES OR DELETE FEATURES IN ANY WAY, AT ANY TIME AND FOR ANY REASON. As you use the ChristianBlogSites.org Web Sites, you should expect to receive, access or use information, materials, graphics, software, data and content (collectively, "Content") originated by ChristianBlogSites.org and persons other than ChristianBlogSites.org (any such person is referred to as a "Third Party"). WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF SECTIONS 9 AND 10, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE ChristianBlogSites.org PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR (1) ANY CONTENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INFRINGING, INACCURATE, OBSCENE, INDECENT, THREATENING, OFFENSIVE, DEFAMATORY, TORTIOUS, OR ILLEGAL CONTENT, OR (2) ANY THIRD PARTY CONDUCT, TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA. IN ADDITION, WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF SECTIONS 9 AND 10, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ChristianBlogSites.org IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR (1) ANY VIRUSES OR OTHER DISABLING FEATURES THAT AFFECT YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE ChristianBlogSites.org WEB SITES, (2) ANY INCOMPATIBILITY BETWEEN THE ChristianBlogSites.org WEB SITES AND OTHER WEB SITES, SERVICES, SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE, (3) ANY DELAYS OR FAILURES YOU MAY EXPERIENCE IN INITIATING, CONDUCTING OR COMPLETING ANY TRANSMISSIONS OR TRANSACTIONS IN CONNECTION WITH THE ChristianBlogSites.org WEB SITES IN AN ACCURATE OR TIMELY MANNER, OR (4) ANY DAMAGES OR COSTS OF ANY TYPE ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF ANY SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM THIRD PARTIES THOUGH LINKS CONTAINED ON THE ChristianBlogSites.org WEB SITES. THE LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS IN SECTIONS 12 AND 13 OF THIS AGREEMENT APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, AND ARE NOT INTENDED TO DEPRIVE YOU OF ANY MANDATORY PROTECTIONS PROVIDED TO YOU UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
16. TERMINATION; ACCESS RESTRICTION ChristianBlogSites.org may terminate this Agreement, or terminate or suspend your access to the ChristianBlogSites.org Web Sites at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. Upon such termination or suspension, your right to use the ChristianBlogSites.org Web Sites will immediately cease. UPON SUCH TERMINATION OR SUSPENSION, ANY INFORMATION YOU HAVE STORED ON THE ChristianBlogSites.org WEB SITES MAY NOT BE RETRIEVED LATER.
17. CHOICE OF LAW AND LOCATION FOR RESOLVING DISPUTES If this Agreement is with ChristianBlogSites.org Corporation, claims for enforcement, breach or violation of duties or rights under this Agreement will be adjudicated under the laws of State of Washington, without reference to conflict of laws principles. If this Agreement is with a ChristianBlogSites.org affiliate, claims for enforcement, breach or violation of duties or rights under this Agreement will be adjudicated under the laws of the place of incorporation for such ChristianBlogSites.org affiliate, without reference to conflict of laws principles. All other claims, including, without limitation, claims under or for violation of consumer protection laws, unfair competition laws, and in tort, will be adjudicated under the laws of USA, or, if you reside outside USA, under the laws of the country to which the subject ChristianBlogSites.org Web Sites are directed. If this Agreement is with ChristianBlogSites.org, you hereby irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of Seattle, Washington, in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of the ChristianBlogSites.org Web Sites. If this Agreement is with a ChristianBlogSites.org affiliate, you hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in the place of incorporation for such ChristianBlogSites.org affiliate in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of the ChristianBlogSites.org Web Sites.
18. INTERPRETING THE AGREEMENT; ASSIGNMENT If any part of this Agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of this Agreement will continue in effect. ChristianBlogSites.org may assign this Agreement, in whole or in part, at any time with or without notice to you. You may not assign this Agreement, or assign, transfer or sublicense your rights, if any, in the ChristianBlogSites.org Web Sites. Except as expressly stated herein, this Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and ChristianBlogSites.org with respect to the ChristianBlogSites.org Web Sites and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between you and ChristianBlogSites.org with respect to the ChristianBlogSites.org Web Sites. The section titles in the Agreement are solely used for the convenience of the parties and have no legal or contractual significance.
19. YOU HAVE LIMITED TIME TO BRING YOUR CLAIM YOU AND ChristianBlogSites.org AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE ChristianBlogSites.org WEB SITES MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
20. COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICES; OTHER ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS All contents of the ChristianBlogSites.org Web Sites are Copyright © 2008 ChristianBlogSites.org and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved. ChristianBlogSites.org and/or other ChristianBlogSites.org products and services referenced herein may be either trademarks or registered trademarks of ChristianBlogSites.org in the USA and/or other countries. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners. The example companies, organizations, products, domain names, e-mail addresses, logos, people, places and events depicted herein are fictitious. No association with any real company, organization, product, domain name, e-mail address, logo, person, places or events is intended or should be inferred. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
21. OTHER NOTICES ChristianBlogSites.org PROPRIETARY RIGHTS You acknowledge and agree that the Service and any necessary software used in connection with the Service ("Software") contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that Content contained in sponsor advertisements or information presented to you through the Service or advertisers is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by ChristianBlogSites.org or advertisers, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Service or the Software, in whole or in part. Parental Controls ChristianBlogSites.org does not offer parental control protections that help limit access to material that is harmful to minors.
22. NOTICES AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to Service Provider's Designated Agent. ALL INQUIRIES NOT RELEVANT TO THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE WILL RECEIVE NO RESPONSE.